IQSA is proud to announce the official release of the Journal of the International Qur’anic Studies Association V.4 2019 (Lockwood Press) edited by Nicolai Sinai (Oxford University).
Volume four is available to IQSA members for FREE online via the member login on members.iqsaweb.org. Non-members can receive access by signing up for membership HERE.
Institutions wishing to subscribe for print and/or online access should fill out the form HERE. To request that your institutional library subscribe to JIQSA, please present this form. Print subscriptions are also available for individual subscribers via THIS FORM.
ISSN 2474-8390 (Print)
Print and Online: US$70
Print only: US$40
Online only: US$40
JIQSA is now accessible through the online academic digital library JSTOR. Libraries and other institutions with a subscription to JSTOR can access JIQSA HERE.
Full online access to the Journal of the International Qur’anic Studies Association is available by signing in to the member portal at iqsaweb.org HERE. Use the top menu to navigate to “JIQSA” and select the desired volume via the drop-down menu. Online access to JIQSA is NOT available via Lockwood Press’ website.
If you experience trouble logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reset your password or confirm your membership.
Renew or sign up for IQSA membership HERE for full access to JIQSA, RQR, and more!
Table of Contents (Vol. 4, 2019)
- Farrin, Raymond K. “The Verse Numbering Systems of the Qurʾān: A Statistical and Literary Comparison.” JIQSA 4 (2019): 3-58.
- Tlili, Sarra. “Fa’ṣdaʿ bi-mā tuʾmar: A Motif-Based Study of Sūrat al-Ḥijr.” JIQSA 4 (2019): 59-84.
- Melchert, Christopher. “The Controversy over Reciting the Qurʾān with Tones (al‑qirāʾah bi’l‑alḥān).” JIQSA 4 (2019): 85-110.
- Christiansen, Johanne Louise. ““Their Prayer at the House Is Nothing but Whistling and Clapping of Hands” (Q al-Anfāl 8:35): Negotiating Processions in the Qurʾān.” JIQSA 4 (2019): 111-140.
- Rashwani, Samer. “Review Essay: Al-Ḥākim al-Jishumī and the History and Study of Muʿtazilī Exegesis.” JIQSA 4 (2019): 141-154.
The journal’s website, including additional information and contact details, can be found at http://lockwoodonlinejournals.com/index.php/jiqsa. For more information on theInternational Qur’anic Studies Association, please visit www.iqsaweb.org.