It’s been a fruitful year for the International Qur’anic Studies Association. In recent years we have published three issues of the bilingual, flagship Journal of the International Qur’anic Studies Association (JIQSA 2016-2018), with issues four and five slated for release 2019-2020. We have also successfully published two books: A Qur’anic Apocalypse by Michel Cuypers (2018) and New Trends in Qur’anic Studies edited by Mun’im Sirry (2019), which are the published proceeds of our 2015 Indonesia conference. Our publishing activity also includes the Review of Qur’anic Research (RQR), the world’s only exclusive review source on critical Qur’anic Studies. Finally, our multilingual blog and discussion group links a community of scholars and students across the globe.
Finally, IQSA maintains an impressive conference portfolio. These include eleven major international congresses, across the US and internationally. In 2019 these have included lively and fruitful meetings in Tangier, Morocco, and San Diego, CA, USA. And we have the photos to prove it! 🙂
In addition, IQSA now introduces completely new membership tiers:
(1) Student, Contingent Faculty, Global South or Income Below $30,000 $35
(2) Assistant Professor, Junior or Retired Faculty $75
(3) Associate Professor or Midrange Faculty $100
(4) Full Professor, Senior Faculty or Professional Income $100,000+ $125
(5) Lifetime Member $2,000 (one time installment)
(6) Institutional Membership $400
Exceptions: Scholars from the global south and lower income countries unable to pay membership dues for that year have the option of contacting the executive director for a courtesy waiver.
We also warmly welcomes new Lifetime Member, Devin Stewart, IQSA president, Professor, Emory University. IQSA encourages all to renew their membership for 2020 via any of the new membership levels to receive benefits including:
- Review of Qur’anic Research
- Exclusive access to our global membership directory
- Bilingual English-Arabic Journal of the International Qur’anic Studies Association (JIQSA)
- Discounted registration/affiliate rate for the Annual Meeting held annually in November
- Andrew Rippin Best Paper Prize ($250 USD and potential publication in JIQSA)
- Professional development opportunities for graduate students and junior scholars
- (Additional exclusive member benefits are enjoyed by Lifetime and Institutional Members)
We appreciate your membership!
U.S. taxpayers! Are you still looking to make an end-of-year tax deductible charitable donation? Consider supporting Qur’anic scholarship with a donation to IQSA. We are a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions. You can donate to IQSA online by clicking HERE.
You have all made IQSA what it is today—a community of scholars and friends. Please help our community during its time of need. If each of you makes a humble donation it will go a long way to supporting our publishing and programming activity for the coming year(s).
We wish you a very Happy Holidays! كل عام وأنتم بخير
© International Qur’anic Studies Association, 2019. All rights reserved.