The International Qur’anic Studies Association has opened its call for papers for its Annual Meeting to be held in Denver, Colorado from November 18–21, 2021 in conjunction with the Society of Biblical Literature and the American Academy of Religion. Paper proposals should be submitted through the SBL’s automated online submission system under the corresponding “Affiliates” link by March 15, 2022 though 11:59 PM (23:59) Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5) (note: IQSA membership is required for proposal submission; see below).
For the 2022 meeting in Denver, IQSA invites proposals for papers that engage any aspect of the Qur’anic text. These may explore particular themes in a given surah or aspects of the Qur’an’s conversation with the religious traditions of Late Antiquity, or even discuss methodological concerns when studying the text or highlight features of physical manuscripts. All topics are welcome.
Please note that all proposals must include:
- Author name and affiliation
- Paper title
- 400 word paper abstract (written in English)
Eligibility for proposal submissions is contingent upon the following:
- Active IQSA membership is required at the time of proposal submission for the IQSA Program, and the membership status of all applicants will be checked prior to acceptance
- Participants must maintain current IQSA Membership through their participation in the Annual Meeting
Please also note that:
- To ensure equity and diversity amongst participants, participants should submit only one paper presentation per IQSA Annual Meeting
- All participants must adhere to IQSA’s Professional Conduct Policy
- Participants will be required to register for the conference by submitting payment through SBL’s online submission system (users are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the “Super Saver” rates which end mid-May)
Questions? Email email@example.com. We hope to see you in Denver!
© International Qur’anic Studies Association, 2022. All rights reserved.