IQSA Membership for 2022 is open! The International Qur’anic Studies Association (IQSA) is the first learned society dedicated to the study of the Qur’an. We hold conferences around the world and publish cutting-edge research and scholarship. The IQSA community and its partners include scholars, students, publishers, and members of the public.
Membership consists of six categories:
(1) Student, Contingent Faculty, Global South or Income Below $30,000 $35
(2) Assistant Professor, Junior or Retired Faculty $75
(3) Associate Professor or Midrange Faculty $100
(4) Full Professor, Senior Faculty or Professional Income $100,000+ $125
(5) Lifetime Member $2,000 (one time installment)
(6) Institutional Membership $400
Exceptions: Scholars from the global south and lower income countries unable to pay membership dues for that year have the option of contacting the executive director for a courtesy waiver.
To become a member, click HERE. Fill out the form and pay the membership fees. After completing the form, you will receive log in information; save that information to be able to log in and access member benefits at anytime. Create a profile for the member directory.
To renew or edit your membership, sign in to your member account, click the “Join IQSA” tab, and select “Edit your member profile” at the bottom of the page.
Join the IQSA Discussion Group
- Sign in to Google Groups. Learn how to join if you do not have a Google Account.
- In the box at the top, search for “International Qur’anic Studies Association Discussion Group”
- Once you have located the IQSA Group, click Join group or Apply to join group.
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP | $35, $75, $100, $125 USD
Renewal Policy: Annual
-Access to the membership directory
-Review of Qur’anic Research
-Professional development opportunities for graduate students and junior scholars, including volunteer, job postings, and employment networking
-Bilingual English-Arabic Journal of the International Qur’anic Studies Association (JIQSA)
-Eligibility for Andrew Rippin Best Paper Prize ($250 USD and potential publication in JIQSA)
LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP | $2,000 USD
Renewal Policy: One Time Installment (No Renewals required)
– Automatic access/subscription to all paid individual member benefits
– Free online & print subscription to JIQSA
– Discounts on Lockwood publications
– Official Public Recognition
INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP | $400 USD
Renewal Policy: Annual
– Annual access to IQSA’s online resources
– One free advertisement annually (program book, JIQSA, online or mailing list)
– One free registration for the IQSA Annual Meeting
-Official Public Recognition
Other member benefits will include:
- Regular updates
- A discounted registration/affiliate rate for the Annual Meeting held annually in November
- Special offers from publishers
If you encounter problems or have questions regarding IQSA membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
© International Qur’anic Studies Association, 2022. All rights reserved.