It’s been a fruitful year for IQSA. In 2017 we furthered our work in the Review of Qur’anic Research (RQR), awarded the first winner of the Andrew Rippin Best Paper Prize, published the first issue of the Journal of the International Qur’an Studies Association, and held the second biennial International Meeting in Carthage, Tunisia. We also welcomed hundreds of friends and colleagues from around the world to our Annual Meeting in Boston. As the year winds to a close we reflect on our association’s achievements with gratitude to our members, contributors, and readers around the world. We also take this time to renew our dedication to providing valuable resources and opportunities for collaboration in Qur’anic studies in 2018.
In addition, IQSA also introduced two new membership tiers – Institutional and Lifetime membership, and warmly welcomed its inaugural Lifetime Members, Professor Jane Dammen McAuliffe, Director of National and International Outreach, Library of Congress, and President Emeritus, Bryn Mawr College, and Professor Reza Aslan, University of California in Riverside. IQSA encourages all to renew their membership for 2018 via any of the five membership levels to receive benefits including:
- Review of Qur’anic Research
- Exclusive access to our global membership directory
- Bilingual English-Arabic Journal of the International Qur’anic Studies Association (JIQSA)
- Discounted registration/affiliate rate for the Annual Meeting held annually in November
- Andrew Rippin Best Paper Prize ($250 USD and potential publication in JIQSA)
- Professional development opportunities for graduate students and junior scholars
- (Additional exclusive member benefits are enjoyed by Lifetime and Institutional Members)
We appreciate your membership!
U.S. taxpayers! Are you still looking to make an end-of-year tax deductible charitable donation? Consider supporting Qur’anic scholarship with a donation to IQSA. We are a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions. You can donate to IQSA online by clicking HERE.
Finally, please do not forget to follow our Blog, Twitter and Facebook accounts, and to join the private IQSA Discussion Group. Thanks for your support!
We wish you a very Happy Holidays! كل عام وأنتم بخير
© International Qur’anic Studies Association, 2017. All rights reserved.