JOB VACANCY: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
The International Qur’anic Studies Association (IQSA), a nonprofit organization, currently has a part-time job opening for an Executive Assistant which needs to be filled at once. The position requires about 10 hours per week and pay is $15 per hour. He/she will report directly to the Executive Director, but also work over e-mail/phone with colleagues located remotely. The work can be done from any geographic location in the Unites States, with preference given to candidates in Houston or Atlanta. The candidate will preferably be a recent graduate or graduate student in the fields of humanities, liberal arts or social sciences with editorial experience and some knowledge of non-profits. Candidate must show attention to detail, have a can-do attitude and a professional communication style. Foreign language experience is strongly desired.
The required duties are listed below and can all be performed remotely/from home.
- Manage the weekly blog
- Maintain and update WordPress website and membership website
- Update organization’s social media (Facebook and Twitter pages)
- Setup conference calls using online system
- Manage email inquiries sent to organization’s email address
- Moderate online discussion group daily
- Manage master contact list
- Administer and manage membership software
- Draft and send emails to all the organization’s members and contacts
- Assist in preparations for organization’s annual and international meetings
- Edit and format the annual meeting program book using the style guide
- Contact Publishers and sell advertisement space
- Coordinate communications between Council, Executive Director, and committees
- Coordinate and manage payments, reimbursements, and expense sheets
- Organize and archive documents
- Other organizational, managerial, and editorial tasks as needed
- Research best practices to assist in administration’s communication and planning
- Seek out relevant news, research and conferences in Qur’anic Studies
- Bachelors degree in Humanities, Social Science or related field.
- Masters degree or graduate study preferred
- Working knowledge of foreign languages and text (Arabic, Persian, Syriac, Hebrew, French or German) is a major plus!
Interested candidates should send a CV and 1 page cover letter to Dr. Emran El-Badawi (email@example.com).