The International Qur’anic Studies Association is excited to share with its members its new Qurʾan Seminar website! The Qurʾan Seminar is a research project of IQSA dedicated to collaborative study of selected Qurʾanic passages on themes of central importance to the text itself, which collectively represent a diversity of literary genres, and which are of interest to the academic field of Qurʾanic Studies.
The website includes a database of passages of the Qurʾan with commentaries from a range of scholars, and an active forum in which additional Qurʾanic passages are discussed. Scholars are encouraged to address the Qurʾan directly and to not rely on classical exegesis as a lens through which to view the text. Of particular interest to the discussion are the following questions:
- The structure of the Qurʾan (its logical, rhetorical, and literary qualities, or naẓm)
- The Qurʾan’s intertextual relationships (with both Biblical and other literary traditions)
- The Qurʾan’s historical context in Late Antiquity
Qur’an Seminar Access:
Access to Qur’an Seminar is open to IQSA members only. To become a member, click HERE. Once you are a member and have paid membership dues, follow the instructions for accessing Qur’an Seminar.
1. Go to http://www.iqsa-quranseminar.org
2. Click Log in/Sign up located on the top right hand corner.
3. Complete the required field under Have an account? Sign up. Click Login. The password you choose can be the same as your IQSA member login or a new one.
4. You will receive an email message which will confirm your registration.
NOTE: Your first access after registration will not be possible immediately. A delay between 6 to 24 hours will be necessary. For questions about Qur’an Seminar or issues with the registration process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
© International Qur’anic Studies Association, 2015. All rights reserved.